GRRR is looking for a marketing and communication intern with a gift for language and a fresh look on communication. You will collaborate with our marketing strategist Jim Driesen, creative director Rolf Coppens and also with our designers and developers. You’ll work in a diverse team with good vibes and personal attention for the skills you aim to develop. Also you’ll be working in one of the most beautiful offices in the Netherlands. You mainly work on communication between us and our audiences. But you can also for our clients.
You have a love for digital design, digital marketing and sensible things. You are curious and want to develop further. And you have a good sense of language and design. You can write in both Dutch and English. Do you already have experience with a CMS such as WordPress? Then that is certainly a plus. Furthermore, it is nice if you understand how social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter work.
We are GRRR, agency for meaningful matters
In 2003 we were one of the first agencies in the Netherlands to combine design and tech in one team. We knew things could be better, hence the name GRRR. In 2020, GRRR is a renowned agency with an international clientele. We find it important to tell a story and start with why and focus on the end user. Furthermore we focus on meaningful matters.
What those are? For example, issues where sustainability plays a major role, such as The Ocean Cleanup and Fastned. Or work where people are central, such as Amnesty, Doctors without Borders and Ye! Community. Or start-ups that we sometimes initiate ourselves, such as Fietsy, Kandoor and ananas. Or data-heavy but intuitively working projects in education, such as Schoolwijzer for the Municipality of Amsterdam.
- The internship period preferably starts at the beginning of 2020.
- You study at a Dutch University or University of Applied Sciences.
- You are good at writing in both Dutch and English.
- You are available for at least 4 months.
- You receive a suitable internship allowance and enjoy a good lunch free of charge.
What's fun about this?
- We have a great culture with people who are passionate about making a positive impact. These people are sometimes your colleagues, sometimes your customers.
- We strive to be at the forefront of tools and practices. You can learn from that.
- You gain experience at a desk with only interesting customers who pursue meaningful goals.
- You participate in a culture that is creative, where people can learn from each other, grow and where mistakes are discussed.
- We offer a nice healthy lunch. And we have one of the nicest offices in the center of Amsterdam (with garden).
- Tickets for cultural events and dirty raves in our basement.
What is an internship?
That differs of course. In our opinion, an internship is primarily an interaction. We are looking for someone who, with help, does real work. At the same time, it is also our intention that you learn a lot. That the experience you gain makes you the most sought after graduate in the job market. Or at least a very popular one 😉
So what can you learn here? These are some options, but other proposals are also negotiable:
- Online marketing (setting up campaigns in Facebook Business Manager, organic growth of followers, SEO, using converting design tricks in online ads, applying psychological principles in image and text)
- Designing and developing customer journeys
- Interpret briefings and write debriefings
- Brand management
- The development and execution of a tone of voice
- Working with growth hacking tools to quickly get an indication of the effectiveness of your expressions
An assignment can be part of the procedure.