Bye gasoline, hello Fastned.
We designed the website, created design and marketing materials and offer push and pull marketing advice and execution for this international network of charging stations for electric cars. Through our design and technical skills we managed to simplify the story of this young company.
Fastned was founded in 2013 and at the end of 2015 already had more stations along the Dutch highway than Shell. Range anxiety, the fear of stranding with an empty battery, is therefore a thing of the past. This allows them to pave the way for the breakthrough of electric driving. We are incredibly proud to be a part of this revolution.
Scaling up fast
Fastned is growing in an incredible pace, revenues related to charging have grown by 51% in the first half of 2020 compared to the first half of 2019. Fastned achieved record deliveries in the first two months of the year, followed by a reduction of up to 70% in March and April, and a steady recovery in May and June. In the last weeks of July volumes were over 70% of February levels.
- Revenue related to charging: € 2.7 million (+51% vs. H1 2019)
- Volume: 4,805 MWh of renewable energy delivered (+54% vs. H1 2019)
- Active customers Q2 2020: 29,989 (+15% vs. Q2 2019)
- Over 273K charging sessions
- 3,772 tons of CO2 avoided
- 24 million electric kilometers enabled
- Despite the Corona pandemic Fastned sold 54% more electricity in H1 2020 compared to H1 2019, avoiding 3,772 tons of CO2 emissions.
- € 7.9 million run-rate annualised revenues in January plus February (+160% versus 2019) was followed by a 70% reduction in sales in the first weeks of the lockdown. Weekly sales were over 70% of February levels in the last weeks of July and showing steady growth.
- Operational EBITDA and Operational EBITDA per station grew strongly, by 286% and 182% respectively.
Together with Fastned, we made the switch to electric driving as easy as possible.
We provided Fastned with a richly-equipped CMS that allowed the editors to design webpages themselves based on our templates. The result is a flexible website which gives Fastned a lot of control, but allows the ability to create without the need for designers.
We also succeeded in linking the website to systems that are already used by Fastned, such as MailChimp, ZenDesk, Zopim Chat and Pipedrive. Through automation of these links a lot of double work for the content managers could be avoided.
The end result is a website and an app that excel in ease of use and simplicity.
A clear illustration style
We enriched the Fastned house style with iconic illustrations. These illustrations are used on the website and are also suitable for printing.
Over the course of the last six months we have seen an exponential increase of the growth in revenue, volume and customers.
A promising startup
Increase in customers in Q4 2019
Revenue Growth in Q4 2019
Can you use assistance in scaling up your innovative company?
GRRR loves innovation, digital tech and digital design. Especially when these are combined in pushing a meaningful matter such as electric driving forward. Our seasoned strategist Jelmer Boomsma loves to discuss your challenge to see where we can help. Mail Jelmer or call (+31) 020 – 32 077 08.